It’s tough to think about spring after the brutal winter we’ve had. Most of the snow outside my office window has melted and the birds are singing. Yes, spring is in the air and I’ve got a spring in my step. Not coincidentally, this time of the year is when many of us start becoming physically active again. In fact, it’s a perfect time for our book club discussion of Maria Kang’s The No More Excuses Diet (Harmony).
Today From Left to Write book club members share their thoughts about fitness, body image and Maria’s no-nonsense philosophy about getting fit. Head over to their sites to read their personal stories inspired by The No More Excuses Diet:
- Jennifer from Ramblings of a Semi-Conscious Mastermind Mommy is busting her excuses and looking for total transformation, okay, maybe just a little…
- Laura at the gluten-free treadmill explores our quest for impossible perfection.
- Alicia S from Titere con Bonete writes about the haters and doubters that live in her own head.
- Savvy Working Gal realizes why she did not reach her February live healthy challenge goals.
- Ange at Cowgirl Runs learns that the excuses we create can hold us back from being our best.
- Betsy from The Everyday Warrior challenges women to start celebrating non-scale victories instead of defining themselves by the number on the scale!
- Kelly of Cupcake Kelly’s writes about how controversy sells more than straightforward honesty.
- Jennifer at Zen Mama Wannabe shares the excuses we come up with and how to bust them once and for all.
- Jen K from Daydreams & Shoestrings wants you to take the words “No More Excuses” out of the fitness-specific context.
- Kendra of Headband for Today compares fat-shaming versus tough-love motivation?
- Eunice C. at Random Mommy has more excuses!
- Jane T. talks about what she can do post collarbone break, no excuses, at live like it’s shark week.
- Stacy from The Novel Life shares her top 5 exercise excuses + the top 5 tips she uses to combat those pesky excuses!
- Melanie at tales from the crib hopes pain equals gain
- Julie of A Good Joe is ready for a challenge
As you can see, we make excuses for more than our diet and fitness plans, but other goals in our lives. Grab your copy of The No More Excuses Diet by Maria Kang and tell us what you think!