What stuff do you pretend never happened? Nothing, right? Read the stories the From Left to Write bloggers are sharing today, inspired by the book The Stuff That Never Happened by Maddie Dawson.
- Jennifer from Ramblings of a Semi-Conscious Mastermind Mommy says this is what she gets for not paying attention
- Linsey from Me Too You lives a parallel life
- Neena from Hooey Critic asks what if?
- Stacy from Laptop TV Mom discusses her personal evolution
- Sarah from The Travel Mommy thinks that travel cures all
- Nicki from Suddenly Single Journey reminds us that sometimes its best that stuff never happened
- Melissa B from Life with Sophia is a fallible, accountable parent
- Elaine from Connor and Helen Grow Up thinks about the concept of soul mates
- Jen Bush from Anybody Want A Peanut? is trying to beat the odds
- Brenda Bartella Peterson from brendabartellapeterson.com is defining and refining herself
- Emily from Mama Sick believes you will only end up a loser in the “what if?” game
- Lisa from Hannemaniacs writes about the stuff she’ll never post
- Pamela Gold from 2 Much Testosterone loves the idea that she can grow old with her husband
- Sharon from Channeling Ricky contrasts different realities
- Melanie from tales from the crib says honesty really has been the best policy
- Tired Mom Tésa from 2 Wired 2 Tired is taking blogging seriously
- Meghan from Meg’s Idle Chatter examines the past
- Nicole from Not Just a Working Mom talks about the stuff that DID happen
- Brandi from Mama Knows It All had a Jerimiah
- Mommy Max from The french mommy born in California has a very happening life
- Cindy Fey from We All Fall Down has all sorts of muck stirred up
- Kristine from Mommy Needs Therapy or a Bottle of Wine has some turn ons
- Meg from Fox and Bunny And Woodpecker Stew wants to find someone to spend her life with
- Grace from Formerly Gracie thinks about the stuff of reality
- Rachel from A Little Each Day discusses this thing called love
- Darryle Pollack from I never signed up for this…. wonders….who….why…. what if….
- Cristie Ritz King from The Traveling Circus reveals that marriage is stronger than fiction
- c2cmom from Coast to Coast Mom leads a quietly risky life
- Michele Spring Fajeau from ReadOutLoud muses that choices guide and love defines
- Robin from The Penney Family is inspired to write
- Christy from More than Mommy has a commitment to love
About the book:
What if you were married to a wonderful husband for twenty-eight years but in love with another man? What if you were in love with them both?
Annabelle McKay knows she shouldn’t have any complaints. She’s been in a stable marriage that’s lasted almost three decades and has provided her with two wonderful children, thousands of family dinners around a sturdy oak table, and a husband so devoted that he schedules lovemaking into his calendar every Wednesday morning. Other wives envy the fact that Grant is not the type of man who would ever cheat on her or leave her for a younger woman. The trouble is Annabelle isn’t sure she wants to be married to Grant anymore. The trouble is she’s still in love with someone else.
In the early tumultuous years of her marriage, Annabelle carried on a clandestine affair with the one person whose betrayal would hurt her husband the most. When it ended, she and Grant found their way back together and made a pact that they would never speak of that time again. But now years later, with her children grown and gone, and an ominous distance opening between them, she can’t help but remember those glorious, passionate days and wonder if she chose the right man.
Then, when called to New York City to help care for her pregnant daughter, Annabelle bumps into her old lover. Offered a second chance at an unforgettable love, she must decide between the man who possesses her heart and the husband who has stood squarely by her side. A journey into the what-ifs that haunt us all, The Stuff That Never Happened is an intricate, heartfelt examination of modern marriage that brims with truths about the nature of romantic love.
Follow Maddie Dawson on Twitter.
Purchase your copy of The Stuff That Never Happened by Maddie Dawson.