Do you ever wonder what it would be like to have dinner with Albert Einstein? In the novel The Goddess of Small Victories (Other Press) by Yannick Grannec, we get a glimpse into mathematician Kurt Gödel who was good friends with Albert Einstein. Gödel’s colleagues are immortalized in the history books, but Grannec gives the scientists and mathematician humanity through the eyes of Adele, Gödel’s wife.
Join our The Goddess of Small Victories book club discussion by taking a look at what From Left to Write members had to say about the novel:
- Alicia S of the blog Titere con Bonete wonders what it would be like to host a dinner for someone famous.
- Melanie from tales from the crib considers the influence of our elders in our lives.
- Nancy at The Real Nani watches her grandfather struggle to come to terms with aging.
- Stacy of The Novel Life imagines a dinner date with her dream author.
- Janaki from More Than Four Sides enjoys talking with older people, who have so much to teach.
- Raya at And Starring as Herself discovers she enjoys preparing residents for the upcoming Civics test.
- Brandi of Mama Knows It All isn’t sure why 1+1 has to equal 2 anyway.
- Thien-Kim from I’m Not the Nanny wishes for more dinner parties.
- Rachee at Say it, “Rah-shay” shares thoughts on aging.
- Janeane offers some job finding tips at Janeane’s World.
- Jennifer from Ramblings of a Semi-Conscious Mastermind Mommy knows how Adele must have felt when conversing with her husband’s friends!
- Ashley discusses how being an intelligent woman is both a blessing and a curse on Ashley, Unabashed.
- Tasha at Frozen OJ contemplates a life without children.
Learn more about The Goddess of Small Victories the book and author in this great interview about the novel. Yannick Grannec is a graphic designer, freelance art director, professor of fine arts, and enthusiast of mathematics. The Goddess of Small Victories is her first novel. She lives in Saint-Paul de Vence, France.
Have you entered to win a copy of the book? Hurry, giveaway ends soon–just enter using the Rafflecopter widget below.