After a slightly relaxed summer, we’ve jumped right back in our book club reading. This month we’re discussing 2 A.M. at The Cat’s Pajama by Marie-Helene Bertino, a novel about the seemingly unconnected lives in a small Philadelphia neighborhood. Thanks to the The Cat’s Pajamas jazz club, the characters discover how music intertwines their lives and those around them.
From Left to Write book club members loved the novel. Head over to their blogs to read their stories inspired the novel and join our book club discussion of 2 A.M. at The Cat’s Pajama’s.
- Where would Nancy of The Real Nani be without her community of parents?
- Rebecca at Life of An Army Wife relates to Sarina’s social inadequacy.
- Christina Yother from ChristinaYother.com explores social inadequacies and the joy of being a homebody.
- Elaine of Connor and Helen Grow Up views how back to school highlights the need for a village to get through many days.
- Casey from Salted Plates writes about her love of the city life in Philly and the performances which it holds.
- Jenn at Momma on the Rocks laments her artist’s block and the dreams of her twelve-year old self.
- Erin of Read-at-Home Mama took a leap of faith and made her dreams a reality.
- Char from I (Don’t) Know Mommy is Keeping The Sanity with a little help.
- Janaki at More Than Four Sides reflects on Jazz and Life
- Jane T. of live like it’s shark week discusses what she wanted to be when she grew up.
- Kate reflects on the different ways to cherish the memories of people we’ve lost on Kate’s Point of View.
- Melanie at tales from the crib reflects on the challenges of growing up
- Kelly from Cupcake Kelly’s writes about dealing with the unexpected.
- When she was 9 years old, Michelle of Honest and Truly! thought she could sing….
- Lisa at Hannemaniacs cheers as her son finds his “thing”… for now.
- Ally at NorthSideFour remembers late nights long ago at a Kansas City jazz institution.
- Thien-Kim from I’m Not the Nanny was a late bloomer when it came to music.
Did you read 2 A.M. at The Cat’s Pajama? Share your thoughts in the comments!