Do you have to give up your passion to be a parent? What happens when your passion becomes an obsession? Or drives you crazy? Read the stories the From Left to Write bloggers are sharing today, inspired by the book Swan Thieves by Elizabeth Kostova.
- Nicki from Suddenly Single Journey remembers France
- Michelle from Honest & Truly! tells stories of her favorite relative
- Brenda Bartella Peterson from BrendaBartellaPeterson.com had a dream
- Shannon from Its My Time to Write muses about art
- Jen Bush from Anybody Want A Peanut? sketches on the wall
- Emily from Mama Sick lives with obsession
- Tina Case from Parent Grapevine has a post impression(ism) of the Visiting Musee d’Orsay Exhibit
- Bay from Queen Mother Blog has a favorite artist
- Tracy from My Crazed Family discusses artistic abilities
- Thien-Kim from My Cup of Creativi-Tea is choosing between being a mother and an artist
- Sharon from Channeling Ricky was reading and reading and…
- Marianne from Writer-Mommy thinks about giving things up to be a parent
- Kristine from Mommy Needs Therapy or a Bottle of Wine talks about mental illness
- Elaine from Connor and Helen Grow Up! discusses when art and children cross
- Melissa from Life with Sophia has a muse
- Melanie from tales from the crib obsesses
About the book:
Andrew Marlow, a psychiatrist, has a perfectly ordered life–solitary, perhaps, but full of devotion to his profession and the painting hobby he loves. This order is destroyed when the renowned painter Robert Oliver attacks a canvas in the National Gallery of Art and becomes Marlow’s patient.
When Oliver refuses to talk or cooperate, Marlow finds himself going beyond his own legal and ethical boundaries to understand the secret that torments this silent genius, a journey that will lead him into the lives of the women closest to Robert Oliver and toward a tragedy at the heart of French Impressionism.
Moving from American museums to the coast of Normandy, from the late nineteenth century to the late twentieth, from young love to last love, THE SWAN THIEVES is a story of obsession, the losses of history, and the power of art to preserve human hope.
Visit the author’s website.
Become a fan of Elizabeth Kostova on Facebook.
Purchase your copy of The Swan Thieves by Elizabeth Kostova.