I am so excited about our summer reading challenge! A few weeks ago on our Facebook page, I casually wished for an adult version of a summer reading program. Turns out, you all want one too! So I created this summer reading challenge as a way to make reading more social and fun for us big kids.
Here’s how the summer reading challenge for adults works:
- Pledge to read at least 15 minutes a day from June 26-July 24, 2014. You can join at any time.
- If you miss a day, you can make up for it later in the week. For example read 15 minutes Monday, skip Tuesday, read 30 minutes on Wednesday. You don’t have to keep a log or anything. You’re adults. I trust you.
- You can read whatever books you choose: literary fiction, YA, mysteries, biographies, etc. I just want you to read a book.
- Come back every Thursday to share your progress and enter to win prizes.
- If you are on social media, share your updates with the hashtag #FL2WSummer. Don’t forget to tag me at @fromleft2write on Twitter, tag me on Facebook or @fromleft2write on Instagram. Feel free to blog about your updates too! I love seeing what you’re reading.
- You must be at least 18 years old to participate. Hey, it’s a reading challenge for adults!
Pretty simple right?
What are some of the prizes you can win? I haven’t finalized the list yet, but here’s some of the things you can win: Amazon giftcards, books, cool t-shirts or gear from Out of Print Clothing (they are not a sponsor-I just think they have cool bookish stuff!). If you live outside of the United States, I reserve the right to substitute your gift for something that won’t cost me an arm and a leg to ship.
If you’re an author and would like to donate your book as a prize, please send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to join the challenge:
- Sign up via the form below. By joining the challenge, you’ll receive weekly emails with book suggestions, encouragement, participant spotlights, and any cool book related things I discover. You’ll also receive weekly updates from me once the challenge ends.
- Leave a comment below telling me what you plan on reading for your first 15 minutes.
I also have a nifty button/badge you can post on your blog, profile, Facebook, wherever you want and link it to this page. You can right click the above button to save it to your device or past the html code below on your blog:
<a href=”http://www.fromlefttowrite.com/join-summer-reading-challenge-for-adults”><img src=”http://www.fromlefttowrite.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/FL2W-Summer-Reading-Challenge-Button.jpg” alt=”From Left to Write Summer Reading Challenge” width=”250″ height=”250″></a>
Invite your friends to join the challenge! The more, the merrier!