Thanks to our mothers and grandmothers, we have array of choices when it comes to career, marriage, and motherhood. Previous generations of women had limited career options and were expected to stay home once they had children.
Becky Gillespie and Hollee Temple, authors of Good Enough Is the New Perfect: Finding Happiness and Success in Modern Motherhood explore how this shift has affected the kind of mothers we have become. Just because we can do everything, does it mean we should? Are we settling when we say good enough is enough?
From Left to Write members explore the same dilemmas and challenges that Becky and Hollee write about in their book:
- Jessica Claire from Crunchy-Chewy Mama isn’t as conflicted as she thought
- Emily West of the Loop plans on relaunching her career
- Leticia Barr at Tech Savvy Mama thought she found the perfect solution
- Elaine from Connor and Helen Grow Up! shares a lesson on time management
- April McCaffery of It’s All About Balance discovers what’s perfect for her
- Michele McGraw at Scraps of My Geek Life surveys whether everything is good enough
- Bay from Queen Mother Blog struggles with being a mom
- Darryle Pollack at I never signed up for this…. is on a mission to embrace imperfection
- Shannon from Its My Time to Write wonders what happened to her ambition
- Amy Heinz of Using Our Words realizes that perfection isn’t always possible
- Robin (noteverstill) at The Not-Ever-Still Life is looking for someone with rosy checks, no warts
- Amy from Occupation: Mommy wonders when do you know you’re a good mother?
- Melissa of Life with Sophia has had enough!
- Brenda Bartella Peterson has recurring cases of perfectionism
- Stacy from Fabulous Miss S called the doctor
- Michelle at Honest & Truly! remembers being a new mom
- Susan of AwwwTrouble started coaching T-ball
- Patricia from Year of 4s was suddenly a single parent
- Lisa of Hannemaniacs is a Never Enough
- Julie at A Good Joe learns how to carve out space for herself
- Thien-Kim from I’m Not the Nanny cleaned the bathroom at 2AM
- Tina of Parent Grapevine had a merry-go-round life
- Melanie at tales from the crib searches for good enough
- Anna @ Girl with Blog sticks by her choice
Are you a recovering perfectionist?