Are you a stalker? Do you solve mysteries? Maybe just on Facebook, right? Read the stories the From Left to Write bloggers are sharing today, inspired by book Following Polly by Karen Bergreen. Also, be sure to weigh in on the From Left to Write poll about snooping.
Special thanks to Darryle Pollack from I never signed up for this… for sourcing this book.
- Amy Heinz from Using Our Words is following her passion
- Nicki from Suddenly Single Journey reveals her not so finest moment
- Zen Mama Wannabe from Zen Mama Wannabe talks about the trouble with a good book
- Brandi from Mama Knows It All is leading Brandi
- Kristine from Mommy Needs Therapy or a Bottle of Wine makes some true confessions of the obsessive kind
- Cristie Ritz King from The Traveling Circus is being followed
- Lisa Hanneman from Hannemaniacs could be a super sleuth
- Michelle from Honest and Truly has a life that fits her fine
- Sharon from Channeling Ricky talks spies
- Jen Bush from Anybody Want A Peanut? remembers New York, New York
- Emily from Mama Sick didn’t want to see the evil stepfather resemblance, but…
- Amy from Occupation: Mommy stalks people on Facebook
- Melissa from Life with Sophia reveals her lifelong dream
- melanie from tales from the crib is sneaky peekin’
- Christy from Quirky Fusion recalls a perfect moment that didn’t go as expected
- Roxane from Rox and Roll asks whom would you follow?
- Elaine from Connor and Helen Grow Up solves everyday mysteries
- Linsey from Me Too You seeks visibility
- Nicole Pelton from Not Just a Working Mom likes to live vicariously
- Tesa Nicolanti 2 Wired 2 Tired measures blogging success
- Akemi from Chalk and Cheese thinks about the possibilities of foursqaure
- Heidi from Coast 2 Coast Mom asks does searching for someone online amount to stalking?
About the book:
Would you call Alice Teakle a stalker? Or just someone with an, um, healthy obsession with golden girl Polly Linley Dawson? No one much notices Alice: not her boss, not the neighbors, not even her Mother.
Besides, everyone follows Polly: her business selling high-end lingerie you can imagine only her elegant self wearing, her all-over-the-social-pages marriage to movie director Humphrey Dawson, her chic looks, her wardrobe. Alice just follows her a little more….closely.
And when she loses her job and starts to follow Polly Dawson one Manhattan autumn afternoon, Alice stumbles on the object of her attention sprawled dead on the floor of a boutique. Alice is forced to become truly beneath anyone’s notice. Invisible, in fact. Because she’s accused of murder.
But can another obsession help save Alice with the fallout? Charlie is Alice’s longtime unattainable crush. He might be able to help her out of the mess she’s in…in return for a favor or two, that is. And how will Alice find out if Charlie is really the man Alice thinks he is?
Follow Karen Bergreen on twitter.
Purchase your copy of Following Polly by Karen Bergreen.