Isn’t history an easy subject in school? No? This is the first children’s book we have read here on From Left to Write and, our club being comprised of many moms, we can’t wait to talk about more children’s literature in the future. Read the stories the From Left to Write bloggers are sharing today, inspired by the Figures in Motion books Famous Figures of Ancient Times and DINOSAURS on the Move by Cathy Diez-Luckie.
- Tiffany from Learning a Latte didn’t know what a iguanodontid was
- Elaine from Connor and Helen Grow Up! gives kudos to single parents in a dinosaurs on the move story
- Thien-Kim from Cup of Creativi-Tea wonders what happened to brontosaurus
- Michelle from Honest & Truly! has a son whose favorite song is “”I Am A Paleontologist”
- Michele Spring Fajeau from Read Out Loud is coloring inside the lines
- Rebecca Plaisance from Letters from Crazyville sees creativity and cooperation in her boys
- Melanie from tales from the crib asks sauro-what?
- Lisa from Hannemaniacs makes a “dinos are cool” video
- Paige Bayer from Canning With Kids is thankful for books and crafts
- Elena Sonnino from C.Mom thinks about the things that stand out
- Dannie McClain from DannieSpeaks shares a piece of her past
- Linsey from Me Too You learns through osmosis
- Robin from My Life As It Is is brought back memories
- Alma K from Marketing Mommy gets an interactive history lesson
- Susan from Toddler Planet is preparing for battle
About the book:
Dinosaurs on the Move: Make prehistoric times come to life with extraordinary dinosaurs that once roamed the earth! Cut-and-color or pre-colored action figures really move as you bring Tyrannosaurus Rex, Allosaurus, Triceratops, Stegosaurus, Ankylosaurus, Brachiosaurus, and others to life.
Move their jaws, clash their teeth, and make their powerful legs run as you act out your own dinosaur battles—or make up your own stories about these mighty creatures that ruled the planet.
Use this creative learning tool to introduce and reinforce the wonder of natural history and inspire a love of paleontology with hands-on activities for children ages 6 to 12.
Famous Figures of Ancient Times: Emperors! Conquerors! Philosophers! These 20 peoples haped history and our world today. Now you can make real moving figures of these world-changing individuals from thousands of years ago. Cut-and-color or pre-colored action figures really move as you play out the lives of Julius Caesar, Alexander the Great, Jesus, King David, Emperor Qin Shi Huangdi (builder of the Great Wall of China), Hannibal (and his elephant!) and others.
Their stories are right in the book – or make up your own stories about these powerful men whose fame has lasted for thousands of years.
Yes, they really move! All you need is this book, a hole punch, and easy-to-use fasteners for assembly. Move their arms and legs, use their swords and shields and act out the real stories of history or make up your own and travel through time.
Famous Figures of Ancient Times by Cathy Diez-Luckie is the National Bronze Medal Winner of the 2009 Independent Book Publishers Awards in the Children’s Interactive Book Category.
Visit the Figures in Motion website.
Follow Cathy Diez-Luckie on Twitter.
Purchase your copy of Famous Ancient Figures and DINOSAURS on the Move by Cathy Diez-Luckie.