Newly single and pregnant was not what Rosie had planned for her 44th year in life. Somehow with the help of her grandmother and her friends, she manages to make sense of these big changes in the novel The Opposite of Maybe by Maddie Dawson. From Left to Write members have been discussing this book club selection behind the scenes.
Today our bloggers share their personal stories inspired by The Opposite of Maybe:
- Laura from the gluten-free treadmill decides to go “all-in” and pursue her PhD full-time.
- Melanie RG at The Seeds of 3 remembers her 9th month pregnancy move to another state.
- Ashley Bunker from Ashley, Unabashed talks about life’s little surprises.
- After a rough start to the book Alicia S from Titere con Bonete ended up liking the book.
- Cristie Ritz-King from Reinvention Girl questions whether being stuck is really that bad.
- Rachel from A Little Each Day wonders if her heart would be big enough for another baby.
- Casey of Salted Plates explores who is your real family in adulthood.
- Michelle at Honest & Truly has a hobby of creatively hiding her son’s Legos.
- Meghan from Crazy Casa K thinks about all the amazing things she has done in life.
- Stacy from The Novel Life reflects on saying “never” to having children.
- Meeshie of The Habitat of Meeshie reflects on her grandfather’s attempts to stay young.
- Janin Wise at Wise Ramblings fondly remembers discovering her ‘Dancing Bean’.
- NJ from A Cookie Before Dinner lists all of the things she’s likely to find in her “mom” car.
- Kelly of Cupcake Kelly’s discusses how so many take becoming pregnant for granted.
- Carrie at poet in the pantry feels connected to the characters because they live in the same state.
- Melanie from tales from the crib hopes to be done with the moving blues.
- Janaki of More Than Four Sides had a moment of angst about not having an engagement ring.
- Lisa from Hannemaniacs realizes she is ready for the next phase of her life.
- Eva Greene Wilson at SocaMom.com thinks back on all of the surprises she gets from her kids.
- Char of I (Don’t) Know Mommy reminisces of her 3 pregnancies.
- Ally from NorthSideFour wonders if her story is a page turner like Rosie’s story.
- Thien-Kim at I’m Not the Nanny proposed to her husband.
- Jennifer of mamawolfe knows parenting is simple but not easy
- Caitlin from Cait Plus Ate struggles to gather inspiration despite enjoying the book so much.
If you want to learn more about Maddie, check out the our interview with her. In the meantime, visit Maddie Dawson’s site for great the readers guide (with book club discussion questions) for The Opposite of Maybe. Maddie is also fun to chat with on Twitter!