It can be easy to overlook your loved one’s faults, but what if those faults are keeping you from your dream? That is Allie’s struggle in The Idea of Him by Holly Peterson. The man she fell in love with and married might not be who she hoped he would be. Especially now that they have children.
Not only is today the publication date for The Idea of Him, but From Left to Write members are also discussing the novel. Head over to their sites and jump into the conversation:
- Laura from The Gluten-Free Treadmill discusses the idea of a dream job versus reality.
- Alicia S of Titere con Bonete ponders on whether she falls in love with people too easily
- Jodi at jodifur discusses the difference between boys you date and boys you marry.
- Char from I (Don’t) Know Mommy is thankful for her husband of 13 years.
- Jen of Anybody Want a Peanut? wonders if she’s living up to the idea of what her life should be.
- Sam at Better With Sprinkles looks into the science of why people are attracted to certain romantic ‘types’.
- Betsy from The Everyday Warrior talks about the importance of trust in relationships.
- Ashley of Ashley, Unabashed talks about discerning the genuine from the ingenuous.
- Jennifer Wolfe at mamawolfe recalls the anticipation many brides have on their wedding day.
- Meeshie from Habitat of Meeshie reflects on when holding your child is your everything.
- Rachee of Say it, “Rah-shay” shares how her idea of birth differed from what actually occurred.
- Michelle at Honest & Truly! shares what happens when her children get “spoiled” with junk food.
- Eunice C. from Random Walk Down Mommy Street reminisces about her love affair with New York City.
- Jane T. of live like it’s shark week talks about the paths we didn’t choose.
- Briana at SheDevs explains why potential isn’t enough.
- Chelle from Everyday Polish shares tips for coping when your reality falls apart.
- Eva Greene Wilson of SocaMom.com thinks about how to find time to write in a very busy life.
- Janin Wise from Wise Ramblings is searching for her own answers.
- Kelly at Cupcake Kelly’s discusses how parents can still have fun parties with kids present.
- Janaki from More Than Four Sides remembers her “Idea of Him” the first time around.
- Amy at Oh What A Life about the setting of the book…and the setting of her life.
- Stacy of The Novel Life writes about misperceptions.
- Lisa from Hannemaniacs reflected on the “glamorous life” of a working mom.
- Robin at not ever still doesn’t have trouble falling asleep at night.
- Meghan from Crazy Casa K wonders about the paths we choose not to take in life.
- Melanie of tales from the crib looks at the unexpected directions her life has taken
Read an excerpt over at Holly Peterson’s site. Make sure you like both Holly’s Facebook page and the From Left to Write Facebook page so you’re ready for our live chat on April 3 where you can win a copy of The Idea of Him.