We’re starting off our first summer book club read with Those We Love Most by Lee Woodruff. The books’ family members whose lives are forever intertwined not just by blood and marriage but by a tragic accident. You’ll be able to relate to at least one, if not many of the characters in the book.
I’m also very excited to announce that you can win a live video chat with Lee Woodruff so you and your book club (or friends) can talk about Those We Love Most!
First, take a look at how our From Left to Write members were inspired by our book club selection this month:
- Rebecca of Life of an Army Wife mourns the loss of a childhood friend.
- Jennifer from Ramblings of a Semi-Conscious Mastermind Mommy hasn’t lost her boy, she’s gained some understanding.
- Janaki at More Than Four Sides remembers a painful time in her life.
- Nancy of The Real Nani knows that a test of her marriage is inevitable.
- Char from I (Don’t) Know Mommy was a nervous wreck with her third child.
- Eva Greene Wilson of SocaMom.com thinks about how different life would have been if her mother never had a stroke.
- Jodi at jodifur talks about how life changes in a split second.
- Ashley B. from Memoirs of a Modern Day Wife shares her thoughts on helicopter parenting.
- Pamela Gold of 2 Much Testosterone asks if you believe in karma or is it just bad luck?
- Emily at Keeping Time finds an expression of love after a near disaster.
- Alicia S from Titere con Bonete is not enthused about Reality TV, Infidelity and especially Jerry Springer!
- Michelle of Honest & Truly! struggles with walking the line between being “that mom.”
- Cristie Ritz-King at TheRightHandMom contemplates all the growing up we all have to do.
- Carrie from poet in the pantry considers that the grass is not always greener.
- Amy Heinz of Using Our Words reflects on her wedding day hopes and dreams, 10 years later.
- Shannon at Shannon Morgan | Creative mourns with her community.
- Jennifer Wolfe from mamawolfe considers the teeter-totter of motherhood, balancing on the cusp of change.
- melanie of tales from the crib contemplates how to survive marital melancholia.
- Thien-Kim at I’m Not the Nanny made her husband switch to the other side of the bed.
- Meghan K from Crazy Casa K wonders when we switch from being a child to being responsible.
- Bay from Queen Mother Blog wonders how to support the bereaved.
- Amy of Oh What A Life is not too sure of our love affair with phones!