We’re ending our 2013 book club with British flair. Lady Catherine, the Earl, and the Real Downton Abbey (Broadway) by The Countess of Carnarvon gives readers a glimpse of the parties, the politics, and the complicated lives of those who lived at Highclere Castle, where the television show Downton Abbey is filmed.
Today From Left to Write members gather to discuss our December selection:
- First marriages aren’t all that easy, according to Rebecca of Life of an Army Wife.
- Michelle from Honest & Truly! always knew she was meant to have a fleet of servants.
- Melanie RG at The Seeds of 3 remembers one of her childhood fascinations.
- Kelly of Cupcake Kelly’s combined traditions when she got married!
- Liza from (a)Musing Foodie created an Ideabook full of ‘Downton Abbey’ inspired kitchen and dining goodies.
- Nancy at The Real Nani ponders about the responsibility do we haveto the poor.
- Karen from Time Crafted was coerced into the fictional Downton Abbey drama before craving the historical layer underneath.
- Sam of Better With Sprinkles talks about her secret love for Downton Abbey.
- Davida from The Healthy Maven offers a British aristocracy themed workout to make you sweat.
- Janaki at More Than Four Sides thinks about her connections to England.
- Thien-Kim of I’m Not the Nanny isn’t ready to record her family’s history.
- Taylor from The Quiet Moments, Page 2 traveled to the UK this year and was in awe of the sights and history.
- Melanie at tales from the crib writes about her life as a poser.
Grab a copy of Lady Catherine, the Earl, and the Real Downton Abbey to tide you over until season 4 of Downton Abbey airs in the United States in January.