Today is our first book club discussion day of 2014! In Happier at Home: Kiss More, Jump More, Abandon Self-Control, and My Other Experiments in Everyday Life, the follow up to The Happiness Project, Gretchen Rubin tackles different experiments in her surroundings in search of a happier house and home. Right before the holidays, Happier at Home landed on From Left to Write members’ doorsteps. Since then we’ve chatted about kissing our spouses every day and decluttering. I even tackled my sewing area in my bedroom.
So how did From Left to Write members kiss more, jump more or abandon self-control? Take a look at their personal stories inspired by Happier at Home:
- Thien-Kim from I’m Not the Nanny finally found her word for 2014.
- Jessica of Aim High Writing discusses how painting, pets, and putting down the phone have made her happier.
- The Real Nani is inspired to make a list of her keys to happiness.
- Happier at Home helps Michelle of Mkokopelli create her own 2014 resolutions
- Army moves call for a major de-stash for Rebecca at Life of an Army Wife.
- Michelle from Honest & Truly! is focusing on her word of the year albeit with bittersweet results.
- Ashley of Memoirs of a Modern Day Wife shares how she overcame her struggles.
- Jodi from jodifur discusses how happiness is a choice.
- Martha at Running into 30 lost her marbles after reading Happier at Home.
- Amy Heinz of Using Our Words is creating more happiness in her home — shelf by shelf.
- Bay from Queen Mother Blog resolves to be more organized
- Cristie Ritz-King at The Right Hand Mom talks about reinvention and taking time to breathe in 2014.
- Jen of Anybody Want a Peanut? struggles to find happiness while raising a special needs child.
- Gretchen Rubin helped Patricia Patton understand her personal thinking process better.
- Emily from Nap Time is My Time explores being present and her plans for the immediate future.
- Emily at Keeping Time says goodbye to her husband.
- Ariane of The Force Expansive curates everything in her space with a mission to be happier at home.
- Lisa from Hannemaniacs is happier in her new home, but already planning the first garage sale.
- Vaneese at Mommy Works a Lot probes what it really means to be happier at home…for her.
- Julia of All About the Pretty wonders if being Happier at Home is really about being happy with yourself.
- Janaki from More Than Four Sides enjoys a movie with her older son.
- Savvy Working Gal’s husband doesn’t think she seems happy anymore but that’s changing in 2014.
- Robin at The Not-Ever-Still Life found lots of little things to appreciate.
- Kelly of Cupcake Kelly’s wonders if it’s okay to want material possessions.
- Jennifer from Ramblings of a Semi-Conscious Mastermind Mommy shares her blank page with us.
- Amy at Oh What a Life offers tips for making some small lifestyle changes.
- Jennifer Wolfe of mamawolfe reflects on the challenges of parenting a child who veers from the ‘parent-approved track’.
- Rachee at Say it Rah-Shay plans to reconnect with her family during dinners and game nights.
- Gabby from The Veggie Nook was inspired to create her own shrine and make apple pancakes.
- Jessica of Crunchy-Chewy Mama’s husband reacts differently to her happiness-cultivating efforts.
- Melanie at tales from the crib knows it’s resolution time again…
- Julie from A Good Joe considers whether she needs a happiness project.
- Elaine of Connor and Helen Grow Up Elaine ponders how innate happiness is.
- Ally at NorthSideFour chose home this year, and then home chose her.
- Briana Myricks from My Own Shero struggles to feel “at home” whenever she moves.
Mandi of Chewsy Lovers is finding her own kind of happy in everything from her kitchen to her marriage.
- After a hectic travel schedule over the holidays, Susan from AwwwTrouble hopes to be happier at home this year.
- Meghan at Crazy Casa K decided to tackle happiness in her home one small step at a time.
- Catherine from everyday epiphanies is ruminating on the courage to know the difference.
- Tasha of Frozen OJ recalls meeting her husband for the first time.
- Monica at Blueprint for Style finds happiness in wanting what you have, not having what you want.
- Karen from A Magical Mommy wants you to choose “Happy”
Mark your calendars for tomorrow, January 7, 2014 where Gretchen will host a live Facebook chat! You’ll have the chance to ask her questions in real time.
From Left to Write is on Facebook too! Head over there and join our fun discussions.