With only a few days left of 2012, I thought it would be fun to share my thoughts on the books I’ve read this year. There’s a linky at the of the post, so if you’ve written about your favorite books of 2012 or most hated, etc, please add it to the list!
As I’ve mentioned before, I’m on track to finish the year at 80 books. Did you know that, according to Gawker, the average reader only read 15 books this year? (Thanks for the link Taylor!) I’m way ahead of the average, but that makes me sad too. My number would be a lot higher if I counted all the books I’ve read to my kids, but for my goal, I wanted to include books I’m reading for myself.
My favorite books I read in 2o12 were (in no particular order):
- I Am Forbidden by Anouk Markovits
- Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
- The Reeducation of Cherry Truong by Aimee Phan
- Daring Greatly by Brene Brown
- Kissing Outside the Lines by Diane Farr (check out my interview with actress Diane Farr)