Do you have books on your holiday list?
I love giving books as gifts, no matter the occasion. I also like pairing the gift of a book with a complementary one. It takes the reading experience to another level for your gift recipient. Plus it’s definitely more fun for me to purchase and wrap.
Need some gift ideas? There’s something for everyone on your list on our book gift guide:
Books that will make them hungry:
- Barefoot Contessa Foolproof: Recipes You Can Trust by Ina Garten
- Giada’s Feel Good Food: My Healthy Recipes and Secrets by Giada De Laurentis
- Provence, 1970: M.F.K. Fisher, Julia Child, James Beard, and the Reinvention of American Taste by Luke Barr
- The Dinner by Herman Koch (See our book club discussion)
Gift idea: Wrap this collection together with fancy chocolates and a bottle of red wine for your recipient to nibble on while they read.
Books that will make them laugh or cry:
- Elders: A Novel by Ryan McIlvain
- Buddy: How a Rooster Made Me a Family Man by Brian McGrory (our book club discussion)
- Vatican Waltz by Roland Merullo
- Dog Shaming by Pascale Lemire
- Awkward Family Holiday Photos by Mike Bender & Doug Chernack
Gift idea: These books will make the recipient cry and laugh so hard they’ll need tissues or a nice set of handkerchiefs. Even better, pair these books with a Fujifilm Instax Mini 8 Instant Film Camera so they can take their awkward family photos.
Books for their mind and body:
- The 21-Day Yoga Body by Sadie Nardini
- Hardwiring Happiness: The New Brain Science of Contentment, Calm, and Confidence by Rick Hanson
- Masterminds and Wingmen by Rosalind Wiseman
- Happier at Home by Gretchen Rubin
Books for the pop culture fanatic:
- Let Me Off at the Top! by Ron Burgundy
- Driven: From Homeless to Hero, My Journeys On and Off Lambeau Field by Donald Driver
- Tune In: The Beatles: All These Years by Mark Lewisohn
- Wild Tales: A Rock & Roll Life by Graham Nash
Thanks to the folks at Crown Publishing, we’re giving 4 winners one of the above book prize packs! (The prize packs are books only and does not include the gift ideas. You’re on your own for that.)
To enter the giveaway, use the Rafflecopter widget below. The giveaway is for U.S. and Canada residents only. Make sure you read the terms and conditions listed in the widget. (Don’t forget to enter our giveaway for books about the real Downton Abbey-it ends soon!)
Hint: If you don’t see the widget, refresh your window.
No compensation was received for hosting this giveaway. This post contains affiliate links.